‘No Time To Read’ Is No Excuse
A recently published research paper that I read last week which was written by Dr. Gail Matthews of Dominican University demonstrates that writing your goals and making a public commitment about them significantly increase your accomplishment about those goals. So here I am, and I am writing and making a commitment to complete reading the following books by the end of next year, 2011:
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Temptations of a CEO: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- Death by Meeting: Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business by Patrick Lencioni
- Founders at Work: Stories of Startups’ Early Days by Jessica Livingston
- Programming Pearls by Jon Bentley
I actually started reading the last two before and made both of them to almost halfway, so it will be about one book every three months. We’ll see how it goes.