Try ISO If You Have Problem With The Web Install of VWD 2008
If you have a problem with the web installation of Visual Web Developer 2008, one of the reasons can be your firewall settings. As a result, you may continously be getting your setup status as “Re-establishing connection with the server.” during the download progress. Possibly, the downloader tries 5 times to initialize the connection and then gives up by yielding the “ENU has encountered a problem during setup. Setup did not complete correctly.” message. For these type of cases, you can follow the following steps like I have done two weeks ago:
• Go to here, and download the offline ISO for Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition.
• As a result, you should have a 894 MB file with an “.iso” extension.
• Go to here, and download and install the trial version of Undisker ISO Extractor.
• Extract the ISO file that you have in the second step by using this trial but great extract utility.
• Browse around the extracted directories and find the “VWDExpress” folder.
• Finally, locate the “autorun.exe” in this folder and double-click on it to start the direct installation.